Our setting is a warm, small and friendly environment with a home from home atmosphere. The setting has an enclosed, artificial grass play area for babies and toddlers and a soft bark playground for the older children with a climbing frame, slide, bikes and cars. We also have an allotment, planting area and herb garden for the children to get close to nature.
Our setting has great access to the outdoors where children enjoy outdoor walks into the local town. We regularly visit the fire station, library, our allotment and the local ducks. The environment provides a safe, secure, yet challenging space for children. We have a strong belief in outdoor play and use all available space to enjoy life in our community.
Waterproofs and wellies are a necessity as we splash in puddles, kick leaves and enjoy muddy play in the various seasons.
We have recently created a sensory space which has proven very popular with the children. We know that Sensory play encourages children to adapt in new situations. They begin to learn that they can use sensory play resources in a variety of ways and differentiate between different scenarios through discovery.
Babies 0-2 years
We provide a safe enclosed area that allows babies to explore many activities from sensory toys to short story times. We understand that all babies are different with the care that they require so we ensure activities don’t interfere with the routines you have established at home.
Toddlers 2 – 3 years
This is an open plan area that has separate rooms for sleeping and nappy changes. The main area is divided into several activity areas including a cosy book corner, art area, sensory space, small world, role play and a lunch area. There is also plenty of space for music, movement and yoga.
Preschool 3- 5 years
Our preschool children regularly merge with our toddlers. We feel that age mixed play permits older children to learn by teaching and to practice nurturance and leadership. They are also often inspired by the imagination and creativity of their younger playmates. We have a more tailored curriculum for our preschool children, encouraging independence and readiness for school to aid a smooth transition.
The children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, which is delivered through the medium of play, allowing children to develop in the most natural way possible.
We utilise our environment to bring the children closer to it and to understand it and discover what it can offer. One minute the children will be playing with sticks and dirt in the nature play area, the next they will be making a structure from them. We use every aspect of nature as a teaching resource.
We believe in risk versus challenge, wanting to encourage the children to explore and teach them to be adaptable to their environment. Spontaneity is embraced and our relationships with the children mean we can adapt any day to suit their needs and desires.
Young Ones is a friendly day nursery offering places for children aged 12 weeks to 5 years. We also offer a Breakfast Club and After School Club for children in Reception to 11 years old.
The Nursery is open Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm for 50 weeks of the year.
7:30am starts are limited. Please contact Nursery directly to find out availability.
The Nursery is closed on all English Bank Holidays (dates to be advised annually) and between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, inclusive.
Fees are not charged for these days.
|All day||08:00 – 18:00||£52.00|
|Part time||08:00-13:00/ 13:00-18:00||£27.50|
|Extra hours||1 hour||£6.50|
|Before School Care||08:00 – 09:00||£5.00|
|After School Care||15:30 – 17:30||£5.00 per hour|
|After School Care (late)||17:30 – 18:00||£4.00|
Our fees are payable monthly in arrears, please enquire with us for current prices, hours and days available.
We can be flexible about hours of attendance and will accommodate most requests if we have the required spaces available. Fees are payable by bank transfer only.
The following comments were made about our setting and staff, to view the full report please go to www.ofsted.gov.uk:
• Staff provide a warm and welcoming environment.
• Staff provide exciting and interesting activities resulting in a stimulating environment.
• Staff are good role models and encourage good behaviour.
• Positive steps are taken to promote safety, positive steps to promote the welfare and development of all babies and children are taken and working in partnership with parents is good.
• Babies & children enjoy good care from knowledgeable and experienced staff.
• Children are happy and confident and build good relationships with friendly and caring staff.
• Children are valued and respected as individuals.
• All my 3 girls have always loved coming and I’ve never worried about them. They’re always happy to come and have made great friends with staff and children.
• Thank you to all the staff for their brilliant care, this has made my return to work a lot easier.
• We definitely made the BEST decision regarding our choice of early years setting. Everyone is just fantastic, so professional and warm.
• Our son often demonstrates positive behaviour’s and skills that he has gained, through the vast range of activities etc on offer. The team clearly work really well together and go out of their way to discuss the day and pass on relevant information.
• From the very first visit we have been impressed with the standards and friendliness, every week we notice the new words, actions and skills she has picked up.
The best way to really understand our Ofsted regulated setting and whether we are right for your child and you as a family is to come and visit us. We will be happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have. This will give you the opportunity to see other children playing, learning and socialising with us and we can talk you through the questions that you will naturally have.
We are in the heart of Cullompton just off the High Street/Fore Street on Tiverton Road, almost opposite the Fire Station, our postcode is EX15 1HT.
You are welcome to come and visit us at any time or by appointment.
All places offered by YMCA Dulverton Group are subject to our terms and conditions, a copy of which is available on request from the relevant setting. Please either call or email for a copy to be sent to you.